Tuesday, May 29, 2007

No one has checked on me this morning

I think everyone forgot I work here. Whatever. As long as I get paid.
I decided to do a round-up of sites I actually read/use regularly.
I am planning a trip to gorgeous San Francisco and my favorite flight finding tools are SideStep and Farecast. SideStep is kind of like Travelocity or one of those sites in that it compares flight prices, but it compares them between the airlines and the discount sites so you get a more full picture of what is available. It is also nice looking and easy to use. Farecast is a neat little tool that predicts whether ticket prices are going to go up down or not change. So far, I have found it to be pretty accurate. It only works on major airports right now, but for a Tampa to San Francisco flight, it works fine and is very accurate.
I also like to read this blog. I think the rampant stealing of intellectual property on the internet poses an interesting issue. I generally agree with what the people on this site say. They are pretty levelheaded.
A friend of mine sent over this article about sex play on the internet.
I also thought I'd link to these oft-linked to items from Forbes. It is a list of inventions they wish would be invented . Some are dumb, some are really cool. But the whole plausibility thing is the most interesting.
I found this place which seemed really cool and fun. It makes me wish I had a more creative job. I mean, I use work time to be creative. Sometimes I write stories, plus my incessant blogging. Though I also use work time for the much less productive social networking aspect.
Speaking of that. I got a Virb account. My name on there is, of course, SylvieBean. I encourage everyone to get one before it gets all crowded and ugly like myspace.

No comments: