Friday, May 18, 2007

I'm so excited

My favorite comic book artist has a blog now. He has a new book coming out that I am really excited about. Plus, another REAL book in a few years. I have an awesome mint copy of Carnet de Voyage, first edition. It is probably one of the most lovely and moving books I have ever read. Of course, Blankets is the book that got me in to comics. And I can't read Good-Bye, Chunky Rice with crying.
I stumbled on this person's blog and I really liked it.
Now for a quick rant, if you are talking to someone while sitting in front of a computer and they say something and you don't know what it is (and this especially goes for if you are on AIM) FUCKING GOOGLE IT. Don't ask what it is unless you can't find it. If they recommend a band, type in the band name and "myspace" and give it a listen. We have the fucking internet people. You have no excuse to be ignorant.
Yesterday I had this conversation:
Him: I was reading about the Fox upfront and this guy said "Why would they renew fifth grader?" This guy must be an idiot.
Me: Yeah, it is the only new show that drew any viewers. I am worried ab
Other person interrupts: What are upfronts? What is fifth grader? Why is he stupid?
Me: Doesn't matter.

If you are near a conversation, but not actively engaged and you hear them say a lot of things that make no sense to you, then you should shut up and either look it up or ignore it. No one will like you if you interrupt their conversation with relatively inane questions.

1 comment:

annie said...

Hi, glad you like my blog!

And I totally agree about people who don't Google, drives me nuts.