Wednesday, May 23, 2007

It took awhile to get this shit to work: Music

So, as you can see, YouTube and I are friends again, but I am still a little pissed that it took 8 hours to post my video. But yeah.
Now this isn't the place for personal information, I have somewhere else for that, but I wanted to start of the music post with a story:
One day, many years ago, when The Unicorns were still a band, I went to see them in Tampa. While waiting in line outside the venue, I saw Alden and the roadie, Max, outside the club. I walked up and introduced myself and they invited me and my friends to dinner. It was awesome for a little while, then it sucked when we realized that Alden was the biggest fucking prick in the world. (Jaime and Max were nice). So whatever, dinner sucked. The show was awesome. We danced and it was cool. So we get them to sign some shit for us (and Neil was a cool guy. He didn't go to dinner so we met him after the show). We help them out a little getting their stuff out of the club and then just as we are leaving, Alden asks if I want to blow off my friends and come back to his hotel room. I said no. Why, you ask? a) I don't sleep with strangers, b) he was really sweaty, and c) I was at the show with my boyfriend. I know one of the girls I went with is friends with someone who did actually sleep with him in Miami, so it is nice to know I was one of the many girls he propositioned.
Ok. Whatever. That story is funnier/cooler in my head.
So, I hadn't been on Pitchfork in awhile and missed a lot of news. Here it is in handy list form:
1) Neko Case and Rufus Wainwright are going to touring together. I am a huge Rufus Wainwright (and Louden) fan. But I know not everyone gets into his brand of fag rock (like folk rock, but gayer, in a good way).
2) This is actually more about a book, but my celebrity writer crush (after Sarah Vowell), Dave Eggers has Sufjan Stevens (my music super crush) writing the intro to the latest in the Non-Required Reading series. I have all of them and they have gotten progressively less good, so maybe this year they'll step it up and it'll be mind-blowingly good again.
3) Ted Leo is touring more. I seriously recommend seeing him. His music is not only outstanding, but he is clever and funny and a lot of fun to watch.
4) The Austin City Limits music festival is supposed to be the best there is and Texas is a really fucking sexy state. I would love to go, but I won't. You certainly should though.
There is a lot of sexiness in this post. Even the things not intended to be sexy were a little sexy.

No comments: