Tuesday, August 14, 2007

SF Day 1

I am in San Francisco for a week with my boyfriend, James.
Our flight arrived early so we grabbed our bags and called our ride and headed into the city. We decided to do The Haight today because it is the opposite direction of everything else we want to do this week. We ate lunch at Fat Slice (which was better than I remember. I got a veggie slice and it was far better than the cheese). We went to Amoeba and marveled at their DVDs (all fairly priced meaning no purchasing. We only buy DVDs that are good deals) and noticed that we own a few off their rare/collectable wall, including the Old Boy tin.
We went to Booksmith and got some cute little books and looked for signed copies of things we wanted but we had less luck this time than last.
I went to a couple boutiques and tried on some dresses but it was mostly unflattering babydoll dresses so I didn’t buy any clothes.
We then walked from Haight and Ashbury to the Powell St. BART station, which was fun. We overheard a conversation in which one man was explaining that he needed to get off the “stuff” but there was no way he was doing methadone treatment. We saw another man speaking softly to his cocaine as he cut it on the windowsill of a convenience store. I had never seen cocaine in person before (I live a very sheltered life) so it was an exciting experience.
We took the Golden Gate Ferry back home. The ride was lovely, though very cold and wet. We sat outside so we could see the city and it was beautiful. The fog never lifted today so as we sailed away, we could see the Golden Gate Bridge peaking out of the fog. Now I am relaxing in Marin County, known for its wealth, specifically BMWs and cocaine use. It is beautiful, the weather is perfect and I never want to leave.
We took a car, a boat, a plane and a train today! I am so nerdy excited about that.

No comments: