Sunday, August 5, 2007

I just finished reading:


Flatland by Edwin A. Abbott. The book is short and just fantastic. It reads as if it were contemporary (it was written in 1884). Some of the ideas presented are at the base for contemporary scientific theory, like String Theory. Not only that, but Flatland is a social satire and many parts of the novella are quite funny and poignant. In one of the introductions in the copy I read (Oxford English), the idea of collection consciousness was proposed and that is an idea that I am quite interested in, even though it being true is as unlikely as there being a God.

I am in the process of reading:
Saboteurs: The Nazi Raid on America by Michael Dobbs
Straight Man by Richard Russo
and, the book I'll never finish,
What is Marriage For? by E.J. Graff

No comments: