Monday, August 6, 2007

Food


One of my favorite things about the Bay Area is the AMAZING food. Not only is there a wide variety, but competition keeps the food astounding. So I have a huge list of places I plan to eat while I am there. HUGE. I am going to go for walks and eat healthy all the week to make up for the fact that for 7 days, I am going to eat everything I see.

Pizza:
Blondie's: Blondie's has really good, big, delicious slices of pizza. It is NY style.
Gioia: Gioia sells the best pizza I have ever had. Hands down. No question. I will not leave Berkeley until I get a slice of that pizza.
Fat Slice: I always get Fat Slice when I go out, but it isn't my favorite and is the one I will pass on if I am short on time/stomach space.

Mexican:
Taqueria San Jose: It is a bit out of our way, but the look of that burrito (see above) pretty much means I have to eat there. How could I not? I have never seen food that looks better than that.
Taqueria Mi Pueblo: I ate here a number of times the last time we were out. The servings are huge and so tasty. I even ate reheated nachos from there, they were so good. I am really looking forward to going back there.

Other:
In-N-Out: No trip to California can be complete without a trip to In-N-Out. I get a grilled cheese, those delicious fries, and a milk shake. It is the best fast food I have ever had. Someone claimed that Five Guys Burgers and Fries was better. They are wrong.
Comforts: Comforts is the cutest little place in San Anselmo. I love getting lunch to go there. They put it all together for you and it is so good AND cute. What more could you ask for? The staff could be nicer, but the food is good enough to make up for it. I am so excited, so so excited, for their Chinese Chicken Salad. I actually dream about it.
Mama's on Washington Square: Every time we go out, we say we are going to go to Mama's and we have yet to. I have heard nothing but rave reviews of the place. Since we will be in the city breakfast time this time, I think I am going to make the trip. The food looks amazingly good.

I am sure there are more, but those are all I can come up with right now.

Picture is from RoadFood, one of the best sites on the internet.

No comments: