Tuesday, July 3, 2007

There is so much going on

And I am missing all of it. Let's play catch up:
1) Someone needs to make a Flirt Divert for the US. I was going to say "for me" but no one flirts with me and if they did, I am a decent enough person to explain I am unavailable. Unless you're really cute, in which case, I have a boyfriend and if you can get past that, then I am totally available.
2) Maybe I just don't get it, I mean the video is well made (though I haven't seen it before, they can't be the first to say Internet Killed the Video Star) and fun to watch, but the music isn't very good. We'll see. Maybe it'll grow on my like Daft Punk never did.
3) Esquire (the only magazine other than The Believer that I have a subscription to) is the best magazine. Nothing else is ever so consistently and unself-consciously pretentious. It exists in a realm that I couldn't even begin to enter. Anyway, right now, they are doing The Napkin Fiction Project. It is turning out very well. My favorites so far:
Jonathan Ames
Julianna Baggott
Andrew Sean Greer
Millard Kaufman
Joey Goebel

I stole all of this from Fimoculous and just expanded on it.

No comments: