Tuesday, July 31, 2007

NEWS DAY

Chief Justice Roberts had a seizure. I really feel for him. I imagine having a seizure would be pretty terrible.

But, good news, The FBI searched Sen. Ted Stevens (R-AK) as part of a corruption case. I hate Sen. Stevens with a passion. He is horrible for the environment and for every decent thing he does, he pushes forward something (ANYTHING) to get more money for Alaskan projects that need oversight and planning, not more money. He is the genius that said the internet was a series of tubes. Now, granted, he is really old and my boyfriend's grandmother (who is younger than him) once told me to email a place to order something for my boyfriend and then, very proud of her understanding of the internet, gave me a URL. Clearly, keeping up on such things is hard when you are older. BUT she, I'd like to point out, is not a senator. So yeah, Sen. Stevens is an old man. I don't care if he serves time, I just want him thrown out of office and made an example of. It disgusts me that Sen. Strom Thurmond is so idealized by some and it is too late to fix that. But in hopes of saving the world from canonizing another failure of a human being, I want it made clear that Sen. Stevens is a horrible, corrupt man so people in the future don't admire him.

No comments: