Thursday, March 29, 2007

"The Secret" Crap

So I was reading on Something Awful about The Secret and all that Oprah crap (I think she is a horrible human being for promoting this shit). The thing is, I totally believe that people that have a happier outlook are happier and do better. The example I read a long time ago was something along these lines:
Two guys are mowing their lawns at the same time. Both men notice it is going to rain. One guy gets angry about how every time he goes to mow his lawn something ruins it and he puts his mower away. The other guy decided to mow a little quicker to get done before the rain comes. He does and his freshly mowed lawn gets watered. He is happy because he finished his chore and got a little reward.
But I don't think that positive thinking manifests itself materially. That is shit. You can't think things into existence. And the second guy didn't get a nice lawn because he fucking willed it into existence. He got a nice lawn because instead of acting like a fucking asshole and blaming the world for his problems, he buckled down and GOT SHIT DONE. So yeah, that is my take on this whole thing.

No comments: